- To act and operate as an information and facilitating organization to promote effective development, access, application, and cooperative use of high quality and meaningful geospatial information within the State of Wyoming among all interested agencies, institutions, companies, and individuals.
- To promote cooperation and collaboration among all interested agencies, institutions, companies, and individuals in addressing geospatial data, needs, and services within the State of Wyoming.
- To promote coordination of geospatial programs, policies, technologies, standards, and resources to optimize opportunities and minimize duplication of effort within the State of Wyoming.
- To identify and inform mapping and geographic-data needs, priorities, and standards recommendations to the geospatial user community within the State of Wyoming.
- To engage in any and all geospatial activities and pursuits, and to support or assist such other organizations as may reasonably be related to the foregoing and following purposes within the State of Wyoming.
- To solicit and receive contributions, purchase, own, and sell real and personal property, to make contracts, and to engage in any activity to further the goals of the Wyoming Geospatial Organization. This may include such activities as publication of directories of geospatial information groups and products, and the organization and sponsorship of meetings, conferences, and educational workshops.